How to Help
Register and Spread the Word
When it comes to fighting type 1 diabetes, there is strength in numbers. We are all working together to build bonds-bonds among those personally affected by type 1 diabetes, as well as with our Members of Congress. These relationships strengthen our community, provide support for those who are living with type 1 diabetes, and deliver our message–the need for a cure–faster and more effectively.
You can help us build critical bonds and achieve our goals by doing two important things today:
- Register as a JDRF Advocate by clicking here or by texting ‘ACTION’ to 37420.
- Spread the Word to your family, friends, neighbors, and others you know who are affected by type 1 diabetes. The more people who are involved in supporting funding for type 1 diabetes research, the more powerful JDRF’s voice will become. Learn how you can turn your efforts in recruiting new advocates into bronze, silver, or gold.
- Attend a Type 1 Talk event near you!
Thank you for becoming a JDRF Advocate. Your time is the most important contribution you can make.
JDRF Advocacy has built a following on Facebook and Twitter. Click on the badges below to become a part of our online community. We use our social networking presence to keep everyone updated on important issues, get your feedback, answer questions, celebrate our successes, and highlight the amazing work of our Advocates.
You can also sign-up to receive JDRF Advocacy updates via text message. Click here to learn more about our mobile program or text ‘ACTION’ to 37420 to get started. If you’re new to the Advocacy program, texting ‘ACTION’ will add you to our list. If you’re an existing Advocate, it will add your mobile number to our list.
Our Mobile Advocacy Page also includes widgets you can use to spread the word in your favorite social networks.
JDRF has built a nationwide network of advocates who are dedicated to finding a cure for type 1 diabetes. JDRF advocates work together to build bonds with other advocates in their local communities and with their Members of Congress to help move our cause forward faster.
As a JDRF advocate, your personal story takes on added impact when you join forces with thousands of other advocates across the country.
You can become an advocate by registering today if you haven’t already done so. Once you’ve registered, there are several ways you can take action to help move the search for a cure forward:
- Spread the Word about JDRF advocacy to friends and family. As an advocate, helping others get involved is one of the most important ways you can support the fight against type 1 diabetes.
- Share your personal story with your Members of Congress.
- Participate in JDRF’s current action alerts on federal issues that are important to everyone affected by type 1 diabetes.
- Expand your personal commitment to JDRF’s mission by participating in one of our key campaigns or advocacy programs:
For additional tips and resources, visit our Advocate Resource Page.
Should you have any questions or need assistance, you can contact the JDRF Advocacy Team at email@example.com.